Saturday, June 18, 2016

serviceability of a car. volkswagen is a lot better than japanese cars in reliability.

"I am guessing they are difficult to work on because they are so complex and well-built, right? That is a good thing from a consumer standpoint. I don't care about being a mechanic thanks. What I mean from a serviceability standpoint is the dealer service, where VW ranks best in the mainstream market. And of course VW is among leaders in quality and still better than FCA in reliability too. And there is no 'kool-aid'. I am citing/sourcing every single claim I am making here..."

I am guessing they are difficult to work on because they are so complex and well-built, right?

Wrong.

Serviceability is about making things EASY to service. It has NOTHING AT ALL to do with build quality

Complexity for its own sake, has long been the calling card of poor engineering. It increases the potential points of failure needlessly

http://blog.caranddriver.com/vw-vs-toyota-fight-the-tale-of-the-tape-as-two-behemoths-vie-to-be-number-1/

No comments:

Post a Comment