Saturday, June 18, 2016

volkswagen ranks higher than toyota in customer satisfaction

08:31 AM on 10/27/2014
-1


"That article is based on perceved quality.  I do happen to preceve poor quality with poor reliablity. It tells me as a consumer that the manufacture desides to put cost before good simple engineering.  I work in the business, and the only other brand within my group of dealers that comes close to the amount of warranty claims we do is GM and they have 75+ open recalls right now.  I've had the unfortuante pleasure of explaining to someone that their transmisison with 215 miles on it blew up and will have to be replaced.  I undersand this is not an everyday occurance but these things do happen and whats worse is the way VW treats the dealers. Their policy dictated that the transmission had to be a rebuilt unit, we had to fight tooth and nail to get a new unit for a car with only 215 miles.  I still say VW getting rid of the 2.5L engine was a big mistake.  I've seen those engine's with 300k+ with no major issues.  My favorite thing to hear a customer say is "my Toyota didn't break like this" and of course the other is "I'll never buy another VW."
"
It is TOTAL QUALITY, not JUST reliability...
Even in reliability, VW, while worse than average, is only so slightly.
"My favorite thing to hear a customer say is "my Toyota didn't break like this" and of course the other is "I'll never buy another VW." "
And those same people say "my VW was nicer" or "my VW drove better" while VW ranks HIGHER THAN TOYOTA in customer satisfaction too...
http://theacsi.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=147&catid=&Itemid=212&i=Automobiles+and+Light+Vehicles

http://blog.caranddriver.com/vw-vs-toyota-fight-the-tale-of-the-tape-as-two-behemoths-vie-to-be-number-1/

No comments:

Post a Comment