Monday, April 3, 2017

arrogant nadal yet again gives excuse of bad luck in 2017 miami final, after losing to federer

Gatto Luigi - 4-02-2017 - View: 49206   

Rafael Nadal takes what´s positive from his 6/3 6/4 loss to Roger Federer in the Miami final. In press conference, the Spaniard player said he had changes to win both sets. ´Today was a close match in my opinion´, Rafa admitted. ´Was 6-3, 6-4, but I had opportunities to have the break before him on the first set. I don´t believe in luck, but I was not very lucky in the first set in a couple of points that I think I played well and I lost in the break points, and that´s it. Then he has the break and you are in trouble. In the second I had 30-All, second serve in the 4-All. I missed that point, and then 30-All, net for him, and go in. Few things decided the point, the decided the match, and today was for him. For me was a much closer match than what the result says, and completely different than last week.´


´I am close to what I need to be´, added an optimist Nadal ahead of the clay-courts season that for him will start in two weeks in Monte Carlo. ´I am at a very high level of tennis and I believe I am ready to win titles. I already played three finals this year, losing three times with a player that didn´t lose a match - only one match that he never would lose in normal conditions in Dubai and that´s it.If he will keep going at this level, he will be World No. 1 again. For the experience that I have, no one plays in a perfect way the whole year. Dinamics can change. At the moment he is the best player of the year and me the second one. I´m playing enough well to fight for everything I think. I have good hopes that I going to be ready for Monte-Carlo. Always when I am playing that well, on clay always helps a little bit more for me. I need to work hard to be ready for that. If I am ready for that, I think I am very excited about playing back on clay again.´
Asked who would be his major rival to win the French Open, Nadal replied: ´I don´t know. I didn´t play on clay for one year. I don´t know if I am a candidate yet to winning the French Open. Remain four tournaments before the French Open. Let´s see what´s happening in those four tournaments. Then in the French Open we´ll see who´s the player who won more matches before and then we´ll see. No, I don´t think about the French Open now. I think about rest a little bit, have fun a little bit in Mallorca - happy to be back home after one month and a half - and then start working hard on clay. That´s my goal now, not the French Open. My goal is feel myself ready to play on clay again, and I know if I have good preparation and I have healthy transition to the clay and I find my rhythm on clay, I know I can be one of those candidates.´
 

No comments:

Post a Comment